MENU

Peta Jasin

*Please click at the map for better view.

The establishment of the Jasin Rural District Council was gazetted under section 399, Municipal Ordinance which came into force on 23 August 1957.

With the enactment of the Local Government Act 1976 (Act 171), on 1 July 1978, the Jasin Rural District Council was reorganized and renamed as the Jasin District Council.

On 1 January 2007, the Jasin District Council was upgraded to the Jasin Municipal Council through the Government Gazette published on 28 December 2006. The official Declaration Ceremony was officiated by His Excellency, the President of Melaka on 17 January 2007 at the Jasin Stadium.

Jasin Municipal Council Office is located at Jalan Besar Jasin. This office building was built on May 12, 1937 by the Jasin Indian Association during the reign of King George VI.

History of MPJ Building

This building was once used by the British as a District Administrative Center. This building has now been listed under the Melaka State Restoration Enactment.

Jasin District is the largest district (41.47%) in the state of Melaka, followed by Alor Gajah District (40.48%) and Central Melaka District (18.05%). The total area of ​​Jasin District is 67,799 hectares (678 sq km). The areas bordering Jasin District are Melaka Tengah District (southern part), Alor Gajah District (western part), Muar District, Johor (eastern part) and Tampin District, Negeri Sembilan (northern part). Jasin district is divided into 20 districts.

Almost 75% of the terrain in Jasin District is sloping because it is below a height of 50 meters and is suitable for agricultural activities. There is a dam in Mukim Jus which is Jus Dam which supplies water to the residents of the district and surrounding areas. Development in Jasin District is more concentrated in Bandar Jasin, Pekan Merlimau and Pekan Selandar which serves as the district administrative center, trade center and industrial center.

Last Updated: Wednesday, 27 October 2021 - 2:53pm